Friday, June 5, 2009

These are the Bombdigity









The Good Ol’ Days... Too bad I am to young to remember these Throwback Covers. OH wait . . . Whoa, that temporary amnesia be having a kidd trippin’ sometimes. I saw these and I broke out my Public Enemy ~ 'Cold Lampin' with Flava': I'm lampin', I'm lampin', I'm cold cold lampin'. YEAH BOIIIIIII!

Sister Sledge: Man, you remember when “rail thin” or in my family “nigga bones” was HOTT!

Now errrrbody is all about the thickness! Thicka than a Snicka.

Jayne Kennedy and Leon Isaac Kennedy: Jayne was crowned Miss Ohio USA 1970 (she was the first African American woman to win the title). It was rare for an African American woman at that time to be in the contest. They made Black Love look so perfect!

Gary Coleman: Did they say a self-made millionaire at 12. Damn, Th-th-th-th-th-That’s a lot of money. Arnold, we need to find your royalties.

Jackson’s: Their curls were just so right. Just nice and juicy! Mike always had to have his two curls fall out front, like he had bangs! You just had to be different and stuff, huh Mike!

OJ: Between me and you. . . O to tha J. What’s really the T?

Sugar Ray Leonard: He always was the wholesome, petite, boxer slash family man. Look at lil man just cheesin’. He just so happy to be with his MOMMY and DADDY! Not to mention, G’rl that hairstyle dun’ came back.

Mike Tyson: With the tragic loss of his four year old daughter Exodus, Mike Tyson has endured a lot over the years. I just pray that his gray clouds will dissipate, only to reveal a shining light that reminds him that there is a higher power that watches over each and every one of our lives!
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I remember some of these covers myself. Damn I am getting old

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...