Friday, June 12, 2009

I May Need A Hip Replacement







Black Eyed Peas (BEP) mutates easily, giving rise to a number of varieties.

Taste Test Anyone?

The electrifying chemistry of will.i.am, apl.de.ap, Taboo and Fergie literally makes you feel like you’ve been hit with a Batman and Robin: Boom! Boom! Pow! . . .punch combination.

Will.i.am describes their music as “electric static funk ~ it has a lot of dance stuff, real melodic, electronic, yet soulful feel.” Their latest studio album The E.N.D. (Energy Never Dies) was released June 09, 2009.

In my family eating Black Eyed Peas on New Year’s Day is thought to bring prosperity. Perhaps, I’m a little late, but maybe this weekend I will indulge in some croquettes, cornbread, collard greens, sweet tea, and in the background play a little Black Eyed Peas to set the mood. I will ingest their electric static funk, which will swell up in me and create positive motion. Prosperity here I come!
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. That's so true. I think it's just recently that the Black Eyed Peas have come into the spotlight as a true musical talent. And this new album proves it. I must admit, I didn't get hip to them until they dropped the Elephunk LP, but once I bought it I knew I was hooked. I mean, this is the group that produced such blazing tracks as "Hey Mama," "Shut Up," and "Let's Get It Started/Retarded." These songs have all but solidfied their place on the Pop charts and created a sound that is uniquely their own. With their blend of catchy hooks and funky electronic pizazz they gave us stuff like "My Humps" and nobody couldn't tell me "Fergalicious" wasn't something amazingly reminiscent of the magic of Planet Rock. I think they are truly a force to be reckoned with and this "Boom Boom Pow" just further proves that they stand to make an imprint on Hip Hop and like for many years to come.

    P.S.- I emailed you today. Thanks for the love. Btw, I didn't mean for this comment to be this long. Hell it might become a post on my blog. U got me riled up. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...