Monday, July 20, 2009

Young Urban Culture ~ Ain't No Mo!



Well it’s Official!

B ~wood finally got his last issue of VIBE Pamphlet. . . OOOPS, I mean VIBE Magazine.

Let me tell ya . . . the recession hit VIBE like Hurricane Katrina. What in the hell happened?

VIBE use to be the Mecca for music and entertainment. I remember when my sisters would tear out pictures from my VIBE Magazines and my Mom knew immediately their was going to be an altercation in tha house that night.

OOOH, HELL TO THE NAW!

I know someone didn’t cut up my magazine.

IT’S THRILLA IN MANILLA TONIGHT – Where’s my can of whoop ass?

Legendary Music Producer Quincy Jones launched VIBE Magazine in 1993. I was fifteen years old, and this was the answer to my prayers. My Pops bought me my own subscription as a birthday gift and I was like WOW!

GEE, THANKS DAD you’re the best!

I mean Momma had Essence, Ebony and Jet, but VIBE was like WU!

Man, when Emil Wilbekin took over as Editor and Chief . . . . Yo, VIBE went to another level. I mean literally as a kidd, B~wood didn’t read no articles.

NO INDEEDY SAID TWEETY!

I was all about the Fashion, Sexy, Yet Edgy Ruff Neck~ish Models, and of course my favorite . . . 20 Questions! Then as I matured, I began to relish each page as if it was a juicy novel.

“Well, as of June 30, 2009, it was announced that VIBE was shutting its doors and ceasing publication immediately.”

Dayuuuuum, did Dream & Christina Milian have to be their final cover?

Quincy, couldn’t we have a tribute to pass, OOOH SO HOT Covers, or even a picture of you Quincy. Hell it was your vision? Nonetheless, I feel like a nincompoop, yet again!

VIBE is ending abruptly, like CW’s Girlfriends.

CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME A GRAND FINALE? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR ~ PEOPLE!

I swear nobody knows how to B! Xclusive!
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. you right!!! And it seems like that is always the case with minority creations. Look at Living Single. Moesha. The Parkers. And now VIBE Magazine has to bite the bullet in a similar fashion. Sadness. How's the quote go? I just googled it.

    This is the way the world ends
    This is the way the world ends
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.
    -T.S. Eliot

    That's always an absolute shame. Especially when it comes to black mainstream media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ VIBE Pamphlet it did get smaller as time went on

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...