Monday, January 8, 2018

The Woman Who Stole My Heart ~ Momma O aka Oprah Winfrey





Momma O aka Oprah Winfrey is the women who stole my heart. At 7 years old, you walked into my life, when you were introduced to me as Ms. Sofia Johnson in the Color Purple. From that moment on I wanted to know everything about who Oprah Gail Winfrey was. I read about you, I studied you, I've written many essays about you throughout my life and because of you I was voted best English student in High School. I've read many books you have recommended and couldn't help but immerse myself into the world according to Oprah. I wanted to be you as I followed your trajectory to see you become an American proprietor, talk show host, actress, producer, philanthropist and now recipient of the Cecil B. DeMille Award.


I may get shun for saying this but from this young Black Man perspective you are MY HERO. You have been my God-Mother, My Auntie, My Sister and My Momma O in my head for years and I am forever grateful for getting to see you during the last tapping of the Oprah Winfrey Show and as Commencement Speaker at my Alma Mater Howard University. Thank you for being my shinning light when my life seemed so bleak and dismal.

Love Always,

B'wood, Brent or just plain ol' B


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...