Wednesday, May 28, 2014

R.I.P. ~ Dr. Maya Angelou: Global Renaissance Woman (April 4, 1948 - May 28, 2014)


Dr. Maya Angelou

Courtesy of mayaangelou.com

Thursday, May 28, 2014

Statement from Dr. Maya Angelou’s Family:

Dr. Maya Angelou passed quietly in her home before 8:00 a.m. EST. Her family is extremely grateful that her ascension was not belabored by a loss of acuity or comprehension. She lived a life as a teacher, activist, artist and human being. She was a warrior for equality, tolerance and peace. The family is extremely appreciative of the time we had with her and we know that she is looking down upon us with love.

Son ~ Guy B. Johnson






Dr. Maya Angelou & Writer James Baldwin


Dr. Maya Angelou & Poet Langston Hughes


Dr. Maya Angelou & Malcolm X











Side Bar ~ Just hearing Dr. Maya Angelou voice soothes my soul. Her melodic tone, her delicate choice of words paired with her signature intentional cadence was always memorizing to me.

I became entangled in her beautiful web the moment I opened my hardback cover of "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings".  My book had so many crinkles in the spine because it was well-loved. As I read page after page, after page, I wanted to save Lil' Miss Marguerite Ann Johnson. However, she didn't need any saving. Lil' Miss Marguerite Ann Johnson became Dr. Maya Angelou and she saved us. Thank You for blessing our lives. 

You epitomize the true definition of a "Phenomenal Woman"!!!!  ~ Love Always, B'wood, Brent or plain ol' B!


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...