Monday, January 9, 2012

OMFG... SHUT THE FRONT DOOR, REALLY????


Courtesy of AccessHollywood.com

OMFG… I think I just got a hard on’ . . . No really I did!

I can’t believe this is really happening.

Okay, for you young bucks who don’t remember “In Living Color”, this was the African American version of SNL aka Saturday Night Live . . . (Okay, well at least in my opinion, and it was funny as hell).

“In Living Color is an American sketch comedy television series, which originally ran on the Fox Network from April 15, 1990 to May 19, 1994.  Brothers Keenen Ivory Wayans and Damon Wayans created, wrote, and starred in the program.”

Keenen Ivory Wayans

Damon Wayans

Other members of the Wayans family also starred in the program – Kim Wayans, Shawn & Marlon Wayans.

Kim Wayans

Marlon, Kennen, & Shawn Wayans

 This show launched so many stars like Jim Carrey, Jamie Foxx, Fly Girl – J-Lo aka Jennifer Lopez, David Alan Grier, and Tommy Davidson.

Jim Carrey

Jaime Foxx

J-Lo

David Alan Grier

Tommy Davidson

"Recently, J-Lo was asked would she be open to helping her former “In Living Color” boss, Keenen Ivory Wayans, with the upcoming return of the sketch comedy, set to happen on FOX this spring."

"It's what?" Jennifer said, when AccessHollywood.com asked her if she'd want to be a part of the show, which returns with an updated version of the sketch comedy, in two half-hour specials in Spring 2012.

"Oh my God, I didn't even know! That's awesome, she told Access on Sunday after the Television Critics Association Winter Session panel for "American Idol" of "In Living Color" being revived."

"I haven't heard from [Keenen], but if he called me and wanted me to do something, that would be awesome, Jennifer said."

"Jennifer said she's remained grateful to Keenen for giving her such a great start and encouragement in her younger days when she was a Fly Girl."

"I owe Keenan a lot. From the beginning of my career, he always believed in me, he always was constantly putting in my brain, 'You're gonna be a star, you're gonna be a star, do you know that?' And he was a mentor to me so I wish him the best with that, she added."

"As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com , original creator and executive producer Keenen will host the new episodes. "

Side Bar:  Check out the new generations of Wayans... Dayuumm, this whole family is ooh so phyne!


Craig Wayans

Damien Dante Wayans

Damon Wayans Jr.

Wayan Brother ~ Marlon, Shawn, Damon & Keenen

Damien, Craig, Marlon, Shawn, Kim & Kennen

Marlon, Damon, Kim, Damien, Keenen


Damn I so luv this family!!!!

Why I just had flashbacks of some of my favorite clips

Jim Carrey as Fire Marshall Bill

Jaime Foxx as Wanda

Damon Wayans & David Alan Grier as  Blaine Edwards & Antoine Merriweather
(2 Snaps Up ~ F*ckin Hilarious)


Damon Wayans as Homie the Clown










Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...