Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Noble Warrior!



















Mr. Steve Harvey . . . Can I just say I LOVE YOU. . . MAN!

He has been a friend in my head, and I’m sure he perhaps would never read my blog, but, Mr. Harvey you have been an inspiration to me and so many young men.

As a young man growing up in South Central, Los Angeles . . . I watched and was amazed at how Mr. Harvey continued to do so much for the inner city and always trying to assist with education for our young people.

I grew up listening to Mr. Harvey and his co-host of the “Steve Harvey Morning Show” Ms. Shirley Strawberry and I just admire his success and more importantly the man he is!

Perhaps his radio show caters to the “Urban Adult Contemporary” aka “Grown N’ Sexy”, however, he’s more than just a radio personality.

Broderick Steven “Steve” Harvey is an Actor, Comedian, Entertainer, Author, Father, Husband, Mentor, Humanitarian, Trail Blazer, and Role Model not just in the African-American community but around the world.

So today I congratulate you Mr. Steve Harvey . . . The Steve Harvey Foundation had its first annual gala, on Monday, May 03, 2010, held at Cipriani Wall Street, in New York City.

“The vision of the foundation is all about change . . . He says often on his radio show, if you change your outlook you can change your outcome. And it is Mr. Harvey’s hope that the Steve Harvey Foundation changes people’s outlook. If you give a young person an opportunity, a change, a hand up instead of a hand out you can change their outcome.”

He say’s “education is one of the founding blocks of success. You have to have some form of education in order to be successful. The more successful African American men we create the more successful African American Families are created. Without education we can never capitalize or maximize our efforts and our abilities. Education is the key to creating better men, sounder men, more qualified men. Thus, creating better and sounder more qualified African American families.”

All you can say is . . . AMEN!

His goal is to mentor young men . . . and I like to believe he accepts you for who you are.

I hope one day, I will have the pleasure of meeting Mr. Steve Harvey, and I hope he embraces me and says “B’wood, you’re alright!”

Side Bar: For more information regarding the Steve Harvey Foundation, please visit steveharveyfoundation.com.

Ooh, and did I tell you the one and only “Academy Award Winner Denzel Washington and his lovely wife Pauletta Washington donated a $1 million gift to the Steve Harvey Mentoring Weekend.”

Oh, and lastly. . . Atlanta's Own & Hair Sytlist Extraordinaire Derek J. was in attendance. Umm, Derek J. Yeah, you need to come closer and stand RIGHT HERE!

B'wood would have liked an invite too ... I'm just sayin!


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...